12 September 2010

outdoor show


yesterday was a great day for the Christie open air antique show. I was busy all day, tied to my booth and had no chance to take photos of the over 300 dealers that were there...indeed, very little time to take photos of my own booth. Above , early hand woven blankets and a Horn Bros blanket from Lindsey, Ontario.


a corner of my booth, sold some chenille spreads, but , surprisingly, very little fabric.


the top quilt sold to a regular customer who also bought this one. I also said goodbye to a lovely, classic red and white Irish Chain from about 1900.


There were a few items I deeply discounted. A very thick, heavy 19th century, whole cloth tied comforter, it was so bulky it took up nearly a whole shelf. A fitted 3/4 bed spread with an amazing (ugly IMH) barkcloth ,top and cream and burgundy satin flounces; again difficult to display, impossible to fold neatly and the satin kept slipping! also a fitted bedspread is always a hard sell.
At the end of the day a gentleman came by (his 3rd visit) and relieved me of two Hudson Bay 6 point blankets, they did have minor flaws. They were so heavy and large that I could not fold them by myself and was almost in tears at the thought of bringing them home again.





I'm in a bit of a mess by mid afternoon!




Nice to come home to another beautiful treasury that featured my very pretty 1920s embroidered bedspread....My take on September......put together by Just One Look, an expat who lives in Florida. There are some fabulous pieces of jewelry in the list. I think that the etsy treasuries are becoming much more thoughtful, imaginative, witty and intelligent these days.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a good day!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure wish I could have been there. Probably woulda bought some of your pretties, too! I love outdoor festivals & flea markets...so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 300 dealers, sounds like fun. I'm glad you got rid of some items you wanted out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan it looked like the weather was very nice for your outdoor show! Love your chenille and quilts and how you displayed them. Wish I could have seen them in person. Thanks for taking photos to share.

    Warm hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...