03 June 2011

Opening the cabin


Our first few days at our summer cabin on a small island in the Georgian Bay in 2011. It was 30 degrees (humid x 39) when we arrived on Tuesday evening, and 3 degrees at night on Thursday....what a climate!!

A vintage point blanket being aired and acting as a windbreak.


Get used to this...my mending for the week.
40s/50s whole cloth juvenile quilt...animal print with rather primitive machine quilting. The binding was very frayed, so I removed it and trimmed the bat and folded the blue border to the back to bind. Not perfect, but good enough.
Soaked in a bucket and hung out to dry in the Ontario sunshine.


Oliver, on his first trip up north...he finds another use for a Pendleton shirt from my collection.

and models his first life jacket.

Here he is, with his Nana,(me) sitting round the fire in the evening.

11 comments:

  1. So sweet. My sons name is Oliver too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adorable! Need to go look at a map because I have no idea where you are but it sounds incredible. Have a lovely time x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oliver's so cute! That's the same name we'll be using if we have a boy, a fantastic name! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a little cutie Oliver is!
    Hope you had a great time with your family at the cabin!
    Quilt looks great!
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos! Oliver is sooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spent many happy summers as a teenager on the family island near Point au Baril,Georgian Bay. Lovely area and I'm sure everyone will have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute little fellow! I just love the life jacket image. And, all of you on the couch looks like an image that could have been taken at our house. ;) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adore your stripe vintage blankets!!

    Your grandson is a doll!! So cute!

    Be sure to enter my awesome $250 Giveaway from Tracy Porter!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds an amazing place you have, and looks as if 'Nana' and Oliver are having a great time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll never forget the time I spent at the family islands in Georgian Bay, also near Point au Baril. A magical place!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...