12 July 2013

Last dance


For 15 years my chosen form of exercise is NIA and I have been lucky enough to have some fabulous classes available in  a large, airy church hall just a four minute !!!!walk away.




Alas, the church is now scheduled for demolition to make way for  high rise  condominiums. This was my last class in that space. (not very full as it is the summer holidays)


 Although Martha, above in the blue top, and my other terrific teacher, Lainie have found other spaces in the area to work from,  getting there is going to be more of a challenge, sometimes involving a car, and often parking....sigh.



  Nia has meant the world to me and seen me through a broken ankle, 2 new hips, arthritis in the upper spine, an extra 25lbs, emotional ups and downs and now arthritis in the hands.
It is such a welcoming and non-judgmental program, I have never felt out of place even when dancing with folks one quarter of my age in fab shape and  professional dancers.
Classes can be found all over the world and I have found  and attended them in England and New Zealand.


I hereby give warning to  Martha and Lainie....'I am not done yet". 






1 comment:

  1. What a shame that your special place is being redeveloped. Hope you find another class which you enjoy.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...