09 February 2014

Rarotonga



The morning starts with this.



Then into the garden.......mangoes not quite ready,


 But the sour sops ( or are they bread fruit)


and the passion fruit most certainly are ripe


and ready for breakfast.


We are staying in a little house in a rural hamlet. You would think it would be very quiet.....but NO. The dogs across the area bark and war with each other morning, noon and night,


 the wild cocks and chickens are constantly caterwauling, squawking, cocking and crowing, so loud you would think they have sour throats, and the surf crashes incessantly.

.

Just want you to feel sorry for me.


9 comments:

  1. LOL! Sounds like our place...dogs either side of us bark to each other, but fortunately not very often. Our hens and rooster cackle and squawk quite a lot during the day, but our neighbours assure us they don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. these foul are so loud one would think they have amplifiers in their throats

      Delete
  2. Well, I don't Jan - not at all!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. forgot to say the neighbor bought over bout 10lbs of tiny,creamy bananas.

      Delete
  3. As I'm buried in the frigid snow covered waste lands of Ohio my heart aches for you...NOT Lol what a lovely place you are in...enjoy the day hugs lil raggedy Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will,its a lovely, friendly,if remote,place

      Delete
  4. Oh boy - I'm going to haul out my little fiddle and play you a sad tune. Sorry for you? Ummmm....

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful, exotic, and WARM place that appears to be! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yes.... I feel sorry for you....my heart bleeds.....NOT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...