05 July 2010

thrifting Mondays



one always has to have an open mind when out scouring the thrifts. Actually, my finds today were not exactly a stretch for me.
4 (yes 4) Pendleton shirts in great condition...I love the depth of color Pendleton gets . They will join my collection at the cabin, where I have almost a whole wall of these shirts.
4 little hand woven wool placemats....also for the cabin.
A cabin craft type chenille and a machine quilted 40s 50s juvenile quilt. Both need a bit of work.
You can always tell Ive been out buying when the photos are taken on the drive as I unload the car. At the moment I am soaking a filthy, very heavy real Cowichan wool jacket that I bought ; I may have bitten off more than I can chew.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jan I love the vintage chenille! Will you make something out of it? Please post if you do.

    Warm hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these--I had a Pendleton some years ago that got softer with each wear.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...