31 October 2010

Halloween market

One of the last outdoor Brickworks Farmers Markets this season. It was perishingly cold and damp from about 7-11am, the site is in a valley by the old River Don. But, all the vendors were cheerful and up for a Halloween market.



Virginia, aka Auntie Gin , who makes sweet crocheted hats bought this vintage cowichan style sweater from me...she is a great neighbor to have.



This gentleman wore the sweater he bought from me a couple of weeks ago, he likes it so much he picked up another one!


Time flies when you are having fun.
After the market there was a pot luck lunch, and if you haven't been to a meal prepared by organic farmers you are missing something.

remember my post from Oct 22, I now think that the striped cotton is vintage ticking for pillows....somehow it 'came' to me as I was having my coffee.


The etsy treasuries have been kind to me this weekend

A 50s scarf was used in rusty and yummy, curated by Maulani, she is from Indonesia and make lots of interesting and very reasonable jewelry.


Colors of India was put together by brooklynbibshop, an original and charming etsy shop. The very cute baby items she makes would be a perfect new baby or shower gift.



and a vintage fur wrap from my shop was featured in warm browns, a cozy collection by laidbackladies, who have a sweet shop selling vintage and handcrafted needfuls.
Take a peek at these etsy shops.


please bear with me, this is my first attempt to post a video, and a lovely one too,made by anacdesigns from the etsyexpats team. I am such a techno novice I'm amazed it works.

3 comments:

  1. The market looks great! Well done in getting in more treasuries! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for letting me know about this post! I love the look of Halloween Market too!

    Maulani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour Jan,

    You ALWAYS have such fun and wonderful things to look at. The market looks like so much fun and the sweaters are sure to shake off that chill in the air.

    Happy Autumn wishes. ~ Madeline

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...