13 June 2010

mother of pearl



this week I have been inspired by a lovely etsy blog about mother of pearl buttons in the USA written by Linzee Kull McCray, who blogs under Pearl the Squirrel....a blog worth reading! I have always collected these shimmery buttons and here are some of them on a couple of my suits. (you do not want to see a pic of me in them, of a certain age, 5ft and somewhat overweight)Both suits have 2 sets of non-matching buttons, but that doesn't bother me.
Do you know about the Pearlie Kings and Queens of England with their wonderful costumes?


They have lively photos and lots of internet information The last time I saw a pearlie was in February in Richmond, New Zealand .....a small town on the north end of the south island.
I'm working on how to upload some pictures from flickr, but for now here are the suits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...