17 March 2011

The Primary Structures of Fabrics


Not much sign of spring here yet, but I planted these hyacinths in an antique wash bowl. They perfume the entire house and give me hope that spring may be just around the corner.




As some of you may know I have been somewhat housebound for the last couple of months. I was determined to read 'The Primary Structures of Fabrics' by Irene Emery, published in 1965. I bought it at a garage sale several years ago.



My goodness, I am finding it heavy going and academic. Nevertheless, I am plowing on, trying to absorb a page or two (or half a page) a day.


9 comments:

  1. I adore Hyacinths too - you're right, that smell is so divine it makes you feel happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flowers, remind me so much of spring. Lovely..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flowers and can only wish you luck with the book it looks like it could be really heavy going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck getting through that book. Gorgeous flowers!

    Cheers :-)
    - CoconutPalmDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to see the information in that book but updated, there are so many new fabrics out in the last 50 years.

    The hyacinths look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply love hyacinths! That book though? Much as I love fabric, I don't know if I could get through those pages. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like an really interesting book, its probably hard to find a modern book on that level.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful, beautiful hyacinths. The book looks interesting, I hope you persevere.

    ReplyDelete
  9. For the great and interesting blog I am giving you the Stylish blogger Award!
    http://briskmamma.blogspot.com/2011/03/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...