12 March 2011

My Friends


My friend Roman came for lunch, and did he ever look spiffy in a purple velvet jacket (very Mick Jagger) turquoise shirt, purple and turquoise tie, turquoise and purple cuff links



and matching purple socks with new Redwing boots. And no, thats not apple juice in his hand.




It was with a heavy heart that I went to the funeral of my friend Elizabeth Harris today.
She was (amongst other things) the manager of the Brickworks Farmers market and took a chance on me, about 5 years ago when she let me set up stall there to sell vintage and antique quilts. It opened lots of doors for me, getting to know the farmers, getting to know the food as well as a fun venue - only 1/2 days as well.
It was the first time I had been in the Metropolitan United Church in Toronto, a stately historic building. Must have been about 1000 people there. All will miss her.

3 comments:

  1. It is always very hard to loose a friend:(, I am sorry you have lost yours.
    Thank you for your comment, it is welcome, as always:))
    Not wanting to rub it in, but now two days of warm, sunny weather,
    10C!
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for leaving a comment....so sorry to hear you lost a friend, these times are hard...i hope you can get some comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sympathy to you for the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...