21 July 2016

Whats this?



This pretty.tied,  1930s comforter was going no where, so I decided to unpick it and try to sell the fabric.



A shame and a bit of a fiddle as it  was closely tied and neatly finished. I thought there might have been an old wool blanket inside,


but, whats this? A nice antique quilt, albeit in VERY cutter condition, with the edges in tatters.


Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns compiled by Barbara Brackman  ( my favorite  quilt historian )  # 1806a  ' Rolling Stone'



7 comments:

  1. Oh, that's a beauty! I love the faded blues. I have read about this practice of using an old quilt as batting for a newer one but have never come across it myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of quilts pass through my hands, this is not the first time!

      Delete
  2. The rose fabric is very pretty - very Cath Kidstonish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely surprise to find inside! Goes back to the true quilters creed - made do with what you have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps I can cut it down and rebind,but its so bloody hot I dont feel like doing anything much

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...