04 September 2013

Markets


Its been a while since I did a market day post.


Last Saturday at the Brickworks was not wonderful financially, long weekends seldom are,  but I managed to enjoy myself nevertheless.


As usual, quilts were hung about the industrial scaffolding.....


 I  took along some mid century barkcloth remnants

 

and a pile of vintage picnic blankets



Finally got to meet Emily Foden,who showed me a most beautiful shawl she had designed, knitted and dyed the Yarn! It is divine and it will be published on Ravelry in due course.




2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure one of my grandmothers once did a quilt very similar to the embroidered morning glory one you have. Wish I had been lucky enough to inherit some of their quilts - I got one (which was really my least favourite of any either of them did...pure luck of the draw). I suspect a lot of their creations ended up being thrown into the nearest thrift store (or...horrors...simply thrown out).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had that morning glory motif in another quilt a few years back....must have been or printed transfer,or in a magazine or newspaper.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...