22 January 2013

a day at the races


A day out at the Hawkes Bay race track in Hastings. We always take in a meet when traveling,  if we can. 
  I think you get to see a slice of life at the track.
 Delighted that Lisa Alpress was riding, I remember seeing her race in Christchurch several years ago.


. The King of Rock came in for me. I won ($5 each way, my usual bet)  on two of the first three races, but it was all down hill from then on.


It was Family Day, with games for the kids on the track between races. The sack race, hobby horse relay and tug o' war..



The setting was gorgeous and the weather perfect.



Unfortunately the day did not draw much of a crowd, the serious punters being inside, at the bar, where they could watch 5 different TVs with races from all over NZ taking place, this included trotting races and the dogs!!


1 comment:

  1. Aaah! The dogs! I used to frequent a greyhound racing track now and again but only because there was a decent restaurant inside and you could watch (and bet) from your table. I always felt slightly 'seedy' there which was somewhat relieved if I won anything. Sounds like you're having a great time. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...