12 May 2012

Favorite bouquets



The first major flowers from the garden, always my favorite.


 Our old lilac trees, a bit scraggly now, but I don't care, with deep purple tulips planted specially to go with the tree.


 More lilac with Lily of the Valley, the perfume scents the whole house. My second most treasured bouquet is always the last flowers from garden.


Lovely surprise this week from my blog buddy Maddy, who loves all things French, as do I. We chat about books and decoration...  She sent me her Louis IIX pin which looks great on my spring jacket, its so me.


The pins and other goodies are for sale (very reasonably) in her original etsy shop

6 comments:

  1. those flowers look so lovely! i bet they smell delish :)

    brittany
    prettylittlevintage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blooms which look smashing in that purple vase! Can smell the scent from here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dahling, loving your nice compliments, :) spectacular pin, and gorgeous flowers. The pin only enhances your already picture perfect style. The flower color is divine. Those are 2 flowers that I have really strong childhood memories of, Lilacs and Lily of the Valley. I haven't seen the little Lily of the Valley flowers in years. How happy I am for you that you have beautiful flowers in your yard. What would we do without music, flowers, and close friends???

    Did you finish the Bennett book? I'm reading Robespierre (that blood loving Reign of Terror sweetheart) by Peter McPhee. Learning about his early years makes it easier to understand his mindset.

    ..¸(`'•.¸(`'•.¸¸.•'´)¸.• '´)¸..
    «•*¨` * ~ Madeline ~ * ´¨*•» « ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ »
    ..´(¸.•'´(¸.•'´`'•.¸)`'• .¸)`..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous blooms Jan!! I hope your Spring is pleasant. Love your little lapel pin, lucky you to receive such a chic little gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous15 May, 2012

    We have several lilac trees in the garden, including a white one, but I never cut them for the house. Somebody, somewhere, some time ago - probably my mother - told me it was unlucky to have lilacs in the house so I don't like to risk it. I don't know why I take notice of these things as I spent years avoiding the colour green because she told me it was unlucky. Then it turned out it was because her mother had told her that after losing a purse whilst wearing a green coat!!
    My daughter got a little bunch of Lily of the Valley from her boyfriend last week which she put in a glass in the kitchen and the fragrance was amazing. I'd forgotten how strong their perfume is.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...